The quintessential question: How do you create a unique sense of style? The answer is simple-- A knowledge of self. But simple does not mean easy. Style starts inside of you. Pretty clothes mean nothing if they don't reflect your personality. This podcast we breakdown the essentials of your Style Toolkit-- all the tools you need in order to start your own undeniable style. What are they? It's one part emotion; one part factual; one part tactical.
THE EMOTIONAL PART OF YOUR STYLE TOOLKIT
>>It seems obvious, but you may find yourself lacking in this area. There isn't a dress , top or pair of shoes that has been invented that can cure low self esteem. A solid confidence will ensure an important thing--standards. You won't hide in your clothes; you'll simply celebrate them with a few key steps.
- Assess self worth and adjust accordingly. You have to be very transparent with some real answers if you want to find the source of what's keeping you from feeling your best. How do you feel about yourself? Why?
- Try out the best friend test: If your best friend/daughter/mom said the awful things you said about yourself, how would you feel? What would you say? Now say that to yourself! You should be your own best friend
Know Your numbers
>>I'm from the school of style that believes all the tips in the world don't matter if you can't recall your most recent measurements and size range. Without them , you're buying clothes in the dark. Let's dig into the factual.
- Measurements inform you of your body's natural contour. Tis simply informs you where clothes will lay and how it will fit on you. It also informs you what cuts work best with your body, so you ca quit fighting it.
- Your size range is a set of 2-3 sizes you can wear at most places. You should never have a single size you refer to when shopping. It will set you up for failure every time.
>> Now let's go tactical. The style profile is your get out jail free card on those days when "ihavenothigntowear" -itis hits hard. It's simply a page of information of you on one page that ensures you don't send guess yourself. You just reflect the words on the page in your clothing. It's all about putting the ground work into constant practice. Remember -- Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes familiar. When you practice infusing your personality into the clothes you wear an undeniable style becomes familiar.
- We start out by asking some simple stuff like name and age. Then we ask for those measurements from the factual part of your toolkit. the numbers matter and so does your truthfulness. Don't shave off an inch or two if you don't like it. It will not aid you in the dressing room.
- Then the big dada-- Your style in a few words. Chic, classy, punk rock don't work here. Those are aesthetics, not styles. Your style is you, so describe it that way.
We will go into depth on how to describe your style and more in the next podcast because it needs it's own time to be accurately filled in.
Sign up for this week's Freebie!
This week you can receive your own style toolkit that will help you clarify what works, explains what doesn't and highlights the unique parts of your style that celebrate you.