There are two F words that you must embrace and exercise often. They aren’t 4 letter words, just a 3 and six letter word-- fit and fabric. Without keeping these two things in mind when you are choosing clothes, you stand a strong chance of adding unflattering clothes to your closet that doesn't speak to the best of you.
>> When it comes to clothing, Fit is paramount. And as a plus size woman, the wrong fit can have adverse effects on your entire look and confidence. Navigating fit first starts with how to define it. Something that fits your body can be loose or fitted, large or small. It simply needs to do the following :
- Allow freedom of movement without minimal adjustment
- All adjustments made before worn
>> How a fabric is created will inform you how it will lay on your body. While woven fabrics will feel more substantial and be more likely to provide structure, most polyblend fabrics are freeing flowing and stretchy. Understand the characteristics to find what works best for your body
- Avoid cheaper fabrics with excess rayon and spandex in exchange for lycra and scuba.
- If you must have a piece with spandex or rayon, keep it under 5%
- Think about what qualities you want for particular pieces and set a standard
Poised & Polished
- Sep 11, 2018 #006 Fashion Math: Defining Expensive vs. affordable
- Sep 4, 2018 #005 Dressing with Preference vs. Insecurities -- How to spot the difference and change it
- Aug 28, 2018 #004 Embracing the F words: How to find the right Fabric & Fit
- Aug 21, 2018 #003 Virtual Stylista-- 5 websites for the Plus Size Stylista
- Aug 13, 2018 #002 Creating your Style Profile
- Aug 11, 2018 #001 Style toolkit: 3 essentials for an effortless style